Reducing the amount of energy you use in your home helps reduce the amount of green house gas that is emitted into the atmosphere. Adding insulation and air sealing to your home can dramatically reduce the amount of energy used when heating and cooling your home. This will reduce your carbon footprint, and also reduce the amount of chemicals released into the environment from air conditioning units.
Owens Corning is doing its part in keeping the world green, by providing us with safe recycled insulation products that we can use to reduce the amount of energy that your home consumes. The Owens Corning products that Alcal uses are certified by the GreenGuard indoor air quality program and are safe for your home. These products are tested for more than 2,000 volatile organic compounds (VOC’s), and emit the Lowest and safest possible levels of VOC’s into your home.
- Products are certified 50% recycled content.
- Made with natural materials and Formaldehyde free.
- The use of recycled content in Owens Corning insulation requires significantly less energy and helps reduce their C02 emissions in the manufacturing process.
- Container glass is 100 percent recyclable, can be recycled endlessly and is a primary ingredient in fiberglass insulation
- Every ton of glass that’s recycled results in more than one ton of raw materials saved; that’s 1,300 lbs. of sand, 410 lbs. of soda ash, 380 lbs. of limestone and 150 lbs. of feldspar
- A six-pack of recycled beer bottles produces enough fiberglass insulation to fill a standard 8’ by 16” 2×4 wall cavity