Alcal Specialty Contracting, Inc.
Alcal Specialty Contracting, Inc. has been the leading specialty contractor in Santa Rosa for over 50 years. We are proud to be chosen to work on a wide range of job sites for local, regional and national contractors. Our commercial projects range from the newest corporate headquarters, to universities, hospitals, sports stadiums & entertainment venues. Our Home Service Division focuses on comfort and energy efficiency for custom and tract homebuilders, existing building retrofit projects for government agencies, and home energy upgrades for older homes.
We have the depth and breadth of talent to perform multiple trades on many projects. Our customers rely on us to safely complete the job according to their needs. We have long-standing relationships with the industry’s leading contractors and suppliers who are aligned with our values of safety, customer service, integrity, innovation, accountability and respect.
Email or call for a free quote today!
ALCAL SPECIALTY CONTRACTING’S HOME SERVICES DIVISION
Keep your house warm in the Winter and cool in the Summer with home insulation services from the Alcal Home Division residential contractors in Santa Rosa. Santa Rosa homeowners can expect low prices, instant quotes and energy-efficient services that include the following:
Doing the job correctly and efficiently is personal for us. We are creative problem-solvers and critical thinkers with deep technical expertise and attention to detail; we catch issues before they become problems, not after. Homeowners in Santa Rosa looking to insulate (or re-insulate) their homes are encouraged to ask us for an instant quote. Whether you need air-sealing in your attic, installation of new attic insulation, radiant barrier products, or replacement of your old garage door with an attractive, brand new sealed one, one of our home specialists in Santa Rosa will be happy to assist you in diagnosing your needs.
We know your time is valuable, and we don’t make appointments without your approval. Most of all, we are committed to getting the work done right the first time, and if issues arise, we will correct them immediately. We proudly offer free inspections in Santa Rosa, and promise to work strictly within YOUR budget—you can rest assured there will be no surprise fees. Plus, the more you insulate, the more energy efficient your house will be, thus saving your wallet and the planet.
Give us a call to set up a free, no obligation appointment to see if home insulation is right for you and we’ll send over a residential contractor. Santa Rosa, CA. residents have relied on home insulation services Alcal Home Services Division for more than 50 years, and we’d love for you to join them!
Insulation Services in Santa Rosa, CA
- Loose fill insulation is blown-in with a machine directly into the attic. Blowing in insulation is faster than installing batts and offers better coverage by completely covering the attic floor.
- Batt insulation is fiberglass blanket insulation that comes in rolls or sheets and designed for easy handling. It is used between framing such as studs and joists. Unfaced batt insulation can also be used on exterior walls when a vapor barrier is added on the heated side of the wall. Kraft or faced batt insulation serves as friction between studs and are held in place without stapling. Batt rolls are available in a variety of lengths, widths, and R-values.
- Spray polyurethane foam (SPF) is a spray-applied plastic that can form a continuous insulation and air-sealing barrier on walls, roofs, around corners, and on all contoured surfaces. Spray Foam insulation is known to resist heat transfer extremely well and offers a highly effective solution for reducing unwanted air infiltration through cracks, seams, and joints. Our closed-cell spray foams provide a higher R-value per inch than less expensive insulation types like fiberglass, cellulose, or open-cell foam, all of which have R-values of R-3.2 to R-3.8 per in. The low density of open-cell spray foam makes it relatively vapor permeable (a 3-in.-thick layer of open-cell foam has a permeance of 16), so when it’s used to create an unvented conditioned attic in a cold climate, the interior face of the foam should be covered with a vapor retarder.
- Radiant Barrier Foil insulation is a layer of metalized film facing an airspace and is installed in the envelope of a building. Radiant barrier insulation or Reflectix is a reflective insulation system that reflects radiant heat energy instead of absorbing it.
- Retrofit Insulation is a good way to lower your energy bills and make your home more comfortable is installing retrofit insulation and making sure your home is properly air sealed. Re-insulating your home can make it a lot more energy-efficient and help you save money.
- Green Building Materials reduces the amount of energy you use in your home helps to reduce the amount of greenhouse gas that is emitted into the atmosphere. Adding insulation and air sealing to your home can dramatically reduce the amount of energy used when heating and cooling your home. This will reduce your carbon footprint, and also reduce the amount of chemicals released into the environment from air conditioning units. Owens Corning is doing its part in keeping the world green, by providing us with safe recycled insulation products that we can use to reduce the amount of energy that your home consumes. The Owens Corning products that Alcal uses are certified by the GreenGuard indoor air quality (IAQ) program and are safe for your home. These products are tested for more than 2,000 volatile organic compounds (VOC’s), and emit the Lowest and safest possible levels of VOC’s into your home.
- Rockwool insulation is made from rock, blast furnace slag, and other raw materials which are melted and spun into fibers to resemble the texture of wool. Mineral wool comes in batts rolls or loose-fill forms. Like fiberglass, it is also used throughout a house in sidewalls, attics, floors, crawl spaces, cathedral ceilings, and basements.
- Alcal provides professional and clean insulation removal services. We recommend removing old insulation only when it has fire damage, water damage, or is heavily infested with rodents.
What type of insulation is right for your home or project? As experts in installing insulation, Alcal Home Services Division is here to assist you in evaluating the various options to achieve the best energy saving results for your home. Whether you’re adding insulation to your attic, finishing a basement, building an addition, modifying an under-insulated bonus room, or adding acoustic insulation for sound control, we have the right products to meet your needs and stay within your budget.
Weather Barrier Services in Santa Rosa, CA
Weather barriers seal commercial buildings from unintended airflow and help improve indoor air quality. Sealing a building envelope reduces airflow from leaking out of the building and reduces penetration by allergens, pollutants, and moisture in your home or building.
Fire Protection Services in Santa Rosa, CA
Firestopping is a physical barrier designed to prevent the spread of flames, deadly gases and toxic smoke through the openings created during building upgrades and the installation of electrical, communications, plumbing, and ventilation systems. These barriers can also fill breaches in fire-resistant walls and floor assemblies.
Firestopping at Alcal can take several forms but is most commonly used for repairing a system through penetration, such as a pipe through a fire-rated wall. Firestopping often consists of workable materials that fill gaps between conduits, wires, pipes, and walls as they pass between rooms.
Alcal is qualified to perform most contemporary firestopping applications. As a certified installer of all leading brands, Alcal has built a reputation for high-quality installations and responsive service. Alcal is not only a trusted source for general contractors but often performs firestop work for other sub-contractors so they can focus on their core products and services
Expansion Joint Systems in Santa Rosa, CA
An expansion joint is an assembly designed to safely absorb the heat or heat loss-induced expansion and contraction of various construction materials including absorbing vibration and allowing movement due to ground settlement or earthquakes. They are commonly found between sections of sidewalks, bridges, railway tracks, piping systems, ships and other structures.
We believe each expansion joint system is unique and requires individual attention to ensure pleasing aesthetics, proper durability and long-term performance. Our company has vast experience in engineering, estimating and installing interior and exterior expansion joint systems to your exacting specifications.
Garage Door Installation in Fresno, CA
A garage door is an important part of the exterior of your property. In addition to providing curb appeal, it also contributes to the overall security and energy efficiency of your home. As the leading garage door installers in Santa Rosa, CA, The certified employees at Alcal will guarantee your garage door is installed properly. A door that is improperly installed may not function properly or even pose a safety risk. Not only will this bring up the expense of maintenance and emergency repairs, but it’s obvious why working with a company like Alcal that offers a garage door installation warranty is important.
Alcal’s courteous and friendly service technicians have been professionally trained and thoroughly screened through background checks. Because of our service and expertise, we have earned the Clopay Master Authorized dealer and LiftMaster ProVantage Certified Dealer designations. With an extensive variety of styles, colors, and performance options, Alcal makes it easy to find the perfect garage door to fit your home and budget.
Clopay Master Authorized Dealer in Santa Rosa, CA
Alcal is honored to have earned the approval as a Master Authorized Dealer of Clopay garage door products and services. With being a certified partner of Clopay, the employees at Alcal can focus on the customer when creating products and to help ensure great quality for all of our customers. Alcal and Clopay’s network will exceed your expectations, provide reliable customer service, and install attractive garage doors that will truly transform your home’s appearance
Increase your curb appeal and upgrade your house with Alcal’s garage doors made from durable, energy efficient materials. Whether you choose natural wood or steel carriage house doors from Clopay’s Reserve®, Coachman®, Gallery® or Grand Harbor Collections, as a certified master dealer, Alcal has the experience and expertise to help transform your home.
Adding garage doors provide a dramatic difference in your home’s appearance. When neighbors pass by, when guests pull up, or when you return from work, your house will have a distinct beauty that makes it the focal point of your neighborhood.
As a Clopay Master Authorized dealer in Santa Rosa, Alcal is recognized as a market leader, both locally and throughout Clopay’s dealer network. Here at Alcal we are dedicated to providing superior levels of professional expertise and responsiveness in sales, installation, and service.
Alcal has the prestigious honor of being one of Liftmaster Provantage Dealers. By being a LiftMaster® ProVantage Dealer, Alcal is credited as a full-service dealer that is recognized for premier sales and installation levels of LiftMaster products.
By being an indicated LiftMaster Dealer in Santa Rosa, Alcal has completed safety training for compliance with the UL 325 safety standards for Garage Door Openers and Commercial Door Operators. These standards include basic qualifying factors with which products must comply in order to be listed and labeling program, methods for testing products safely, covers installation of these products under the National Electrical Code, and addresses fire and electrical safety of the product and the installer. With this extensive training, you can depend on us to have the training to understand how to test your systems safely and determine the solutions you need.
Garage Door Repair & Maintenance in Santa Rosa, CA
For reliable garage door repair and maintenance, homeowners trust Alcal. We focus on personalized service and timely repairs. Whether its broken garage door springs, off-track doors, bent tracks or rollers, broken cables and hinges, broken garage door openers, malfunctioning remotes, damaged garage door panels, squeaking or rattling garage doors our friendly technicians are creative problem solvers and can tackle any issue. We provide free estimates, work around your budget and can help you go green with energy efficiency.
Schedule an Appointment With us Today
Commercial Overhead Doors in Santa Rosa, CA
When you’re in need of roll-up overhead doors, coiling doors, service doors, elevator smoke protection, fire doors, fire curtains, security doors, security grilles or any type of exterior doors, Alcal has the solutions you need. Our extensive line of overhead doors and grilles allows us to tackle any project.
Our rolling service doors can be found in countless buildings. All overhead coiling doors are custom manufactured to your specifications. With many exterior roll-up door options, we have all the exterior door solutions you need.